"The Aurangabad caves (Marathi :???????? ????) are 12 artificial rock-cut Buddhist shrines located on a hill running roughly east to west, nearly 2 km north from Bibi Ka Maqbara in Aurangabad,Maharashtra. The first reference of Aurangabad Caves is cited in the big Chaitya of Kanheri. The Aurangabad Caves were dug out of comparatively soft basalt rock during the 6th and 7th century. Caves are divided into three separate groups depending on their location. Sculptural carvings of Aurangabad Caves reached belong to highest achievements of Indian classical art and can be compared to the best paintings of Ajanta.[1"
Baradari Iwaz Khan Aqueduct
"Bibi Ka Maqbara (Urdu: ???? ?? ?????? \"Tomb of the Lady\") is a maqbara located in Aurangabad, Maharashtra, India. It was commissioned by the sixth Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb in the late 17th century in the memory of his first wife, Dilras Banu Begum (posthumously known as Rabia-ud-Daurani). It bears a striking resemblance to the famous Taj Mahal, the mausoleum of his mother, Mumtaz Mahal. Aurangzeb was not much interested in architecture, though he had built the small, but elegant, Pearl Mosque at Delhi. The Bibi Ka Maqbara was the largest structure that he had to his credit.\nThe comparison to the Taj Mahal has often obsecured its very own considerable charm. Due to its strong resemblance to the Taj Mahal, it is also called the Dakkhani Taj (Taj of the Deccan). Bibi Ka Maqbara is the principal monument of Aurangabad and its historic city. An inscription found on the main entrance door mentions that this mausoleum was designed and erected by Ata-ullah, an architect and Hanspat Rai, an engineer respectively. Ata-ullah was the son of Ustad Ahmad Lahauri, the principal designer of the Taj Mahal."
Bibi ka Maqbara
"Aurangzeb in the year 1692 had ordered to built a palace. This palace is called the Killa Arak. The ruins of the Killa Arak extend from Delhi to Mecca gate. \nThe Killa Arak has 4 entrances and a Nakarkhana for musicians. The Dabar hall and the Jumma Masjid are the only remains which are of some interest. \nFor the intentions of sport a piece of ground which is close to the masjid was walled. The gate to the ground bears an inscription which dates back to 1659 AD. \nThe throne-room of Aurangzeb is in a garden. The room has a rostral appearance. The pavilion is plain and simple. This is entered by a gallery from behind."
"The Naukhanda palace was built by Malik Ambar in 1616 upon the summit of a rising ground at Aurangabad, India. The massive portal gateway leading to this, over which the Naubatkhana sounded, was called Barkal. According to one account a noble of Aurangzeb's court named Alam Khan, made additions to this Palace; and further additions were subsequently made by Asaf Jah I. An adjoining block of buildings was screened off by a partition wall for Nasir Jang. The Naukonda palace was also occupied by Nizam Ali Khan, when he was at Aurangabad.\nThe palace had nine apartments, the interior buildings consisted of five zananas, a Divan i Aam, a Divan i Khas, a masjid and a kacheri, each provided with a garden and a cistern. The walls of the central part of the Devankhana, and a hamam or hot bath attached to the building, are in a fair state of preservation. However, the wood-work and the stucco plaster are all gone. The Divan i Aam is a large quadrangular structure much in ruins. The Kacheri close by contains a gadi of the Nizam. In the throne room are placed the original paraphernalia.\nThe Diwan e Aam was demolished when the present Medical collage of Aurangabad was constructed. The palace now houses The Aurangabad College for women. In the olden days Nawab Salar Jang's palace and Govind Baksh's mahal were between the Paitan and Jafar gates.\nPresently owned by Prince Mukarram Jah Bahadur."
"The Sunheri Mahal was constructed by a Bandalkand chief who came with Auranzeb into the Dakhan. The Mahal is located in Paharsingpura, which is a suburb of Aurangabad. The structure is made of stone and lime. The Mahal has a high pedestal but it is now in dilapidations. The paintings in the Mahal were once painted of gold and so the name Sunheri Mahal. \nThe Sunheri Mahal finishes the Mughal grandness with its remnants of glory that rejects to fade. \nIndians are charged Rs 10 and foreigners Rs 100 as entrance fee and the timings are from 8 am - 6 pm."
"The Ajanta Caves (Aji??h? leni; Marathi: ?????? ????) in Aurangabad district of Maharashtra, India are about 300 rock-cut Buddhist cave monuments which date from the 2nd century BCE to about 480 or 650 CE.\nThe caves include paintings and sculptures described by the government Archaeological Survey of India as \"the finest surviving examples of Indian art, particularly painting\", which are masterpieces of Buddhist religious art, with figures of the Buddha and depictions of the Jataka tales. The caves were built in two phases starting around the 2nd century BCE, with the second group of caves built around 400-650 CE according to older accounts, or all in a brief period of 460 to 480 according to the recent proposals of Walter M. Spink. The site is a protected monument in the care of the Archaeological Survey of India, and since 1983, the Ajanta Caves have been a UNESCO World Heritage Site."
The Ajanta Caves
"Ellora[pronunciation?] (Marathi: ????? V?r??) is an archaeological site, 29 km (18 mi) North-West of the city of Aurangabad in the Indian state of Maharashtra built by the Rashtrakuta dynasty. It is also known as Elapura (in the Rashtrakuta literature). Well known for its monumental caves, Ellora is a World Heritage Site. Ellora represents the epitome of Indian rock-cut architecture. The 34 \"caves\" - actually structures excavated out of the vertical face of the Charanandri hills. Buddhist, Hindu and Jain rock-cut temples and viharas and mathas were built between the 5th century and 10th century. The 12 Buddhist (caves 1-12), 17 Hindu (caves 13-29) and 5 Jain (caves 30-34) caves, built in proximity, demonstrate the religious harmony prevalent during this period of Indian history. It is a protected monument under the Archaeological Survey of India."
The Ellora Caves
Bani Begum Garden
"Siddharth garden is a landscaped garden, featuring variety of shrubs and trees. The garden also has a small aquarium, though the major attraction of the tourist is the Siddharth Garden Zoo. The zoo is the abode of a number of wild animals like tigers, lions, leopards, Civet cats, snakes (snake house), crocodiles, emu, fox, deer, hyena, etc. It is also a preferred picnic spot."
"Chandni Chowk (?????? ???)(Urdu: ?????? ????), originally meaning moonlit square or market, is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Old Delhi, now in central north Delhi, India. Built in 17th century by the Mughal emperor of India Shah Jahan and designed by his daughter Jahan Ara, the market was once divided by canals (now closed) to reflect moonlight, and it remains one of India's largest wholesale markets."
"Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga is one of the 12 Jyotirlinga shrines mentioned in the Shiva Purana (kotirudra sahinta,Ch.32-33 referred as \"Grishneshwar Jyotirlinga\"). Grishneshwar is believed as the Last or 12th (twelfth) Jyotirlinga on the earth. This pilgrimage site is located at a village called Verul which lies at a distance of 11 km from Daulatabad and 30 km from Aurangabad. It lies at a close proximity to the Ellora caves."
"Connaught Place (Hindi: ???? ?????, Punjabi: ???? ????, Urdu: ???? ????, officially Rajiv Chowk) is one of the largest financial, commercial and business centres in Delhi, India. It is often abbreviated as CP and houses the headquarters of several Indian firms. It was earlier the headquarters for the British. Its surroundings occupy pride of place in the city, counted among the top heritage structures in New Delhi. It was developed as a showpiece of Lutyens' Delhi featuring a Central Business District. Named after H.R.H. Field Marshal The 1st Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, the construction work was started in 1929 and completed in 1933. The Inner Circle of Connaught Place was renamed Rajiv Chowk (after the late Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi) and the Outer Circle was renamed Indira Chowk by Union Home Minister S.B. Chavan. Today, Connaught Place is one of the most vibrant business districts of Delhi. It is the fourth most expensive office destination in the world, according to global property consultant CBRE Group and fifth high priced market in the world according 2013 Forbes list "
"Like all other cities in India, Aurangabad also features a large number of bazaars. Gul Mandi is also one of the largest bazaars in Aurangabad. Exchanging also takes place in these markets. \nVarities of goods are sold in this market. The products changes on all days and the products available depends on the day the market is visited. \nBut these bazaars do not have genuine shopping malls. The best quality products are sold in the markets. The special products are the Paithani saris. Different varieties of garments and Himroo silk stuff is also available."
"The Himroo Factory is a major tourist attraction of Aurangabad. The conventional Himroo fabric is available here. \nThe Himroo material is an amazing mix of cotton and silk and it is known for its quality. Pathani saris and conventional handloom shawals can also be seen here. The materials of other factories and Himroo material and silver threads are also available here. \nThe designs and the patterns on these fabrics are the inspirations which is derieved from the Ajanta paintings. The locale of the Himroo Factory is ideal. The factory is near Zaffar Gate in the old town."
"Daulatabad is a 14th-century fort city in Maharashtra, India, about 16 kilometers northwest of Aurangabad. The place, was once as known as Daulatabad, circa the sixth century AD, when it was an important uplands city along caravan routes and is now but a village, based around the former city of the same name.\nStarting 1327, it famously remained the capital of Tughlaq dynasty, under Muhammad bin Tughluq (r. 1325-1351), who also changed its name, and forcibily moved the entire population of Delhi here, for two years, before it was abandoned due to lack of water.\nThere is a tradition that Deoghur or Doulatabad was built in 1203 AD by a Dhangar or herdsman who acquiring by some unusual good fortune vast wealth was named by his brother shepherds Rajah Ram and soon after assumed the rank of a Rajah."