"Goa State Museum is located in Panjim, which is the capital city of Goa. This new museum complex, located in the EDC Complex in Patto, was inaugurated by the President of India on June 18th, 1996. Prior to this date, artifacts was set up in the Department of Archives in Goa by the Archeology & Museum unit. Thereafter, a small museum was opened to the public on September 29th, 1977 in a rented building at St. Inez, also in Panjim.\nThe museum currently has around 8,000 artifacts on display, which include stone sculptures, wooden objects, carvings, bronzes, paintings, manuscripts, rare coins, numismatic collection, and anthropological objects. It is well known among other museums for its collection of Hindu and Jain artifacts and sculptures."
"The Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception is one of the greatest Panaji tourism destinations. Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception in Panjim is one of the oldest churches in Goa. The 17th century church is located in the center of the prosperous Panjim city. \nThe simple yet wonderful decorations of the church is its most note worthy aspect. The clean and tidy well maintained complex pleases the worshipers and tourists alike. Panaji's Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception has a couple of altars dedicated to Our Lady of Rosary and Jesus. Beautiful statues of St. Paul and St. Peter are seen beside the altars. The St. Xavier's Chapel is another attraction of the church. \nThe church is attended by thousands of devotees on the 8th of December every year. On that day, the church gets decked up with wonderful decorations to celebrate the feast. The Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception in Panaji is not only famous for its religious importance but also for its picturesque location. The church area has been the venue of numerous film shootings. A panoramic view of the entire city from the church atop the hill is an enchanting sight. "
Church of Our Lady of the Immaculate Conception
"Dona Paula is a former village, and tourist destination, in the suburbs of Panaji, Goa, India. It is today home to the National Institute of Oceanography, and just alongside it lie the Goa University and the International Centre Goa. It is also home to a number of hotels, small and large, and the luxury Cidade de Goa is situated in the area.The place is named after Paula Amaral Antonio de Souto Maior, a historical figure in Portuguese India. She was the daughter of the Portuguese Viceroy of Jaffnapatnam, in Sri Lanka. She and her family arrived in Goa in 1644 and she married a Fidalgo from Spain in 1656. Her husband was Dom Antonio Souto Maior. They were an extremely affluent family, and the entire property from the present day Cabo Raj Nivas all the way to Caranzalem belonged to the Souto Maiors. She died on December 16, 1682.\nDona Paula was a woman of charity and is known to have helped the villagers and worked a lot for their betterment, so after her death, the villagers decided to re-name the village as Dona Paula. Initially the village was called Oddavell.\nThe Dona Paula Beach is also a major tourist attraction. According to a local myth, Dona Paula entombed in the Cabo Chapel, the residence of the Governor of Goa and is supposed to be seen emerging from the moonlit waves wearing only a pearl necklace. Several tourists as well as locals guided by this myth visit the beach for a glimpse of Dona Paula. The Cabo Raj Bhavan is situated at a scenic spot of Dona Paula. It is also home of a historic British war-graves cemetery. After the end of Portuguese rule in Goa in 1961, Dona Paula became a fashionable residential area and address."
Dona Paula Beach
"Calangute ([k??o??u?]) is a census town with a permanent population of approximately 16,000 (2001) in North Goa, in the state of Goa, India. It is famous for its beach, the largest in north Goa, visited by thousands of domestic and international tourists alike. The peak tourist season is during Christmas and New Year, and during the summer in May. During the monsoon season, from June through September, the sea can be rough and swimming is prohibited. The beach offers water sport activities like parasailing and water skiing, among others."
"Miramar is the beach area of the Goan capital of Panjim, also known as Panaji and is one of the most visited beaches of Goa. Many people, mostly tourists, come to this beach every day. Originally named Porta de Gaspar Dias by the Portuguese, the name was then changed to Miramar.\nMiramar Beach\nSituated at the confluence of the Mandovi River and the Arabian Sea, it is a small beach that occasionally hosts some events. There are several educational institutions in the surrounding vicinity, including Dhempe College of Arts and Science, Padmashree Vasantrao Dempo Higher Secondary School of Arts and Science and Sharada Mandir High School. Gaspar de Dias club and a popular cafe are nearby."