"Bangalore Palace, a palace located in Bangalore, India, was built by Rev. Garrett, who was the first Principal of the Central High School in Bangalore, now known as Central College.\nThe construction of the palace was started in 1862 and completed in 1944. In 1884, it was bought by the Maharaja of Mysore. Now owned by the current scion of the Mysore royal family, Srikanta Datta Narsimharaja Wadiyar, the palace has recently undergone a renovation.\nIt is mistakenly believed to be a replica of the Windsor Castle in England. The audio tour at the Bangalore palace clearly says that there was no reference to the Windsor Castle."
"The Karnataka High Court is the High Court of the Indian state of Karnataka. It is located in Bangalore, the capital city of Karnataka. The High Court functions out of a red brick building known as Attara Kacheri. It is in front of Vidhana Soudha, which is the seat of the legislature of Karnataka.The Karnataka High Court is currently functional in Bangalore, Hubli-Dharwad and Gulbarga."
High Court (Attara Kacheri)
"Nehru Planetarium is the name given to five planetariums in India, named after India's first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru. These are located in Mumbai, New Delhi, Pune and Bangalore, plus there is a Jawahar Planetarium in Allahabad. Nehru Planetarium in Pune was the first one in Asia, established in 1954."
Jawahar Lal Nehru Planetarium
"Shiva (?iva; /???v?/ About this sound listen (help.info) meaning \"The Auspicious One\"), also known as Parameshwara(the Supreme God), Mahadeva, Mahesh (\"Great God\") or Bholenath (\"Simple Lord\"), is a popular Hindu deity and considered as the Supreme God within Shaivism, one of the three most influential denominations in Hinduism. Shiva is regarded as one of the primary forms of God, such as one of the five primary forms of God in the Smarta tradition, and \"the Destroyer\" or \"the Transformer\" among the Trimurti, the Hindu Trinity of the primary aspects of the divine. Shiva is also regarded as the patron god of yoga and arts.\nShiva is usually worshiped in the aniconic form of Lingam. Shiva of the highest level is limitless, transcendent, unchanging and formless. However, Shiva also has many benevolent and fearsome forms. In benevolent aspects, he is depicted as an omniscient Yogi who lives an ascetic life on Mount Kailash, as well as a householder with wife Parvati and two sons, Ganesha and Kartikeya or as the Cosmic Dancer. In fierce aspects, he is often depicted slaying demons. The most recognizable iconographical attributes of the god are a third eye on his forehead, a snake around his neck, the crescent moon adorning and the river Ganga flowing from his matted hair, the trishula as his weapon and the damaru as his instrument.\nShiva as we know him today shares features with the Vedic god Rudra. Historians have also suggested that depiction of Shiva existed in pre-Vedic times, but not all historians agree on this."
"Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace was the summer residence of the Mysorean ruler Tipu Sultan. It is located in Bangalore, India. Its construction was started by Hyder Ali within the walls of the Bangalore Fort and completed during the reign of Tipu Sultan in the year 1791. After the death of Tipu Sultan in the Fourth Anglo-Mysore War, the palace was used by the British Administration as Secretariat before moving to Attara Kacheri in 1868. Today it is a tourist spot located at the center of Old Bangalore near Kalasipalyam Bus Stand and maintained by Government of Karnataka.\nThe structure has been built entirely with Teak Wood and stands adorned with pillars, arches and balconies. It is an example of Indo-Islamic architecture. It is believed that Tipu Sultan used to conduct his durbar (court) from the eastern and western balconies of the upper floor. There are beautiful floral motifs embellishing the walls of the palace. The site also holds a painting of grand throne visualized by Tipu Sultan himself. Coated with gold sheets and stuck with precious emerald stones, Tipu had vowed never to use it until he completely defeated the English Army. Hence after the death of Tipu, the British Administration dismantled the throne and auctioned in parts since it was too expensive for a single person to buy it in entire piece.\nThe rooms in the ground floor have been converted into a small museum showcasing various achievements of Tipu Sultan and his administration. There are newly done portraits of the people and places of that time. There is a replica of Tipu's Tiger, which is presently in the Victoria and Albert Museum at London. The clothes of Tipu Sultan and his crown are present in silver and gold pedestals. The silver vessels given by a general to Hyder Ali is also displayed.\nThe space in front of the palace is developed as a garden and lawn by Horticulture Department, Government of Karnataka."
Tipu Sultan's Palace
"Flanking the Government Museum to the west is the Venkatappa Art Gallery named after one of the Karnataka's most famous artists. Venkatappa belonged to a family of court painters and was skilled in various art forms all of which are displayed here. \nThe first floor contains work by contemporary artists mainly from Karnataka. Of particular interest are a sketch of K K Hebbar and an oil painting by M F Hussain, both well known Indian artists."
Venkatappa Art Gallery and Government Museum
"The Vidhana Soudha, located in Bengaluru (Bangalore), is the seat of the state legislature of Karnataka. It is an imposing building, constructed in a style sometimes described as Mysore Neo-Dravidian, and incorporates elements of Indo-Saracenic and Dravidian styles. The construction was completed in 1956."
"The IT & business hub Bangalore, has much to offer to the tourists. If you walk down the streets you will see many buildings, depicting modernism in their neo-colonial architecture with a touch of the traditional South India. Vikasa Soudha, the building next to Vidhana Soudha is greatly impressive. Many call it the sister of the former, with a replication of the former's architecture & the striking wood & stone carvings decorating the interior of the beautiful building. \nA dream project of the then Chief Minister of Karnataka S.M Krishna, Vikasa Soudha was built to house numerous government and legislative offices which would in turn take away the load from the Vidhana Soudha. With a cost of Rs.150 crores, Vikasa Soudha was built over a land area of about 8 acres with a built up area of 58,274 sq m. The building comprises eight floors housing fifteen conference halls, three hundred and sixty rooms. The granite with the fantastic stone carvings was chosen from stone pits concentrated at Mallasandra, Hesaraghatta, Koira & Avalahalli.\nVikasa Soudha incorporates some of the most modern facilities not seen in any of the other legislative buildings across the country. A grid interactive solar power system is used in the building to provide extra, heavy & regular power supply to the building. Rainwater harvesting has been adapted. Safety measures at the building include the consolidation of modern fire extinguishing system. \n"
"The Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum (VITM) is a museum in Bangalore, India. Its management comes under the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), Government of IndiaThe museum was instituted as part of the centenary celebrations of the engineer-statesman Sir M. Vishvesvaraya (1861-1962). It was handed over to the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) in 1962. In 1978 when the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM) was formed, Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum became its southern head quarters. The Council has a chain of 28 centers spread all over India. The objective of the Council is to popularize science through interactive exhibits."
Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum
"Chunchanakatte Falls (Kannada: ?????????? ????? ???? ?????????? ??????) is a waterfall on the Kaveri River, near the village of Chunchanakatte in krishnarajanagar taluk of Mysore district, Karnataka, India. Water cascades from a height of about 20 meters. It is in the Western Ghats. Here the river falls in two small cascades before joining again to flow as one."
"Cubbon Park (Kannada: ?????? ??????) is a landmark 'lung' area of the Bangalore city, located (12.97°N 77.6°E) within the heart of city in the Central Administrative Area. Originally created in 1870, when Major General Richard Sankey was the then British Chief Engineer of Mysore state, it covered an area of 100 acres (0.40 km2) and subsequent expansion has taken place and the area reported now is about 300 acres (1.2 km2). It has a rich recorded history of abundant flora and fauna plantations coupled with numerous impressive and aesthetically located buildings and statues of famous personages, in its precincts. This public park was first named as \"Meade's Park\" after Sir John Meade, the acting Commissioner of Mysore in 1870 and subsequently renamed as Cubbon Park after the longest serving commissioner of the time, Sir Mark Cubbon. To commemorate the Silver Jubilee of Sri Krishnaraja Wodeyar's rule in Mysore State, in the year 1927, the park was again renamed as \"Sri. Chamarajendra Park\", in memory of the 19th Century ruler of the state Sri Chamarajendra Wodeyar (1868 - 94) during whose rule the park came into existence. The landscaping in the park creatively integrates natural rock outcrops with thickets of trees, massive bamboos, with grassy expanse and flowerbeds and the monuments within its limits, regulated by the Horticulture Department of the Government of Karnataka. The predominantly green area of the park has many motorable roads, and the well laid out walking paths running through the park are frequented by early morning walkers and the naturalists who study plants in the tranquil natural environment.\nTourists visiting this Park in the city of Bangalore have nicknamed the city itself as 'Garden City'.\nThe importance of the Park to the city's environment is best stated by two Urban Architects who have won the national competition to design 'Freedom Park.'"
"Lal Bagh or Lal Bagh Botanical Gardens, meaning The Red Garden in English, is a well known botanical garden in southern Bangalore, India. The garden was originally commissioned by Hyder Ali, the ruler of Mysore, and later finished by his son Tipu Sultan. It has a famous glass house which hosts an annual flower show. Lal Bagh houses India's largest collection of tropical plants, has an aquarium and a lake, and is one of the main tourist attractions in Bangalore."
"Lumbini Gardens is a public park on the banks of the Nagawara Lake in Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It contains an eco-friendly boating park and a 12,500 square foot artificial beach and children's pool."
"Ulsoor, or Halasuru, is one of the oldest neighbourhoods in the city of Bangalore. It is located in central Bangalore, and begins roughly near the eastern terminus of MG Road. It is renowned for its numerous temples and rather narrow streets.The village of Bangalore is said to have been gifted to Kempe Gowda I (1513-1569), the founder of Bangalore, by the Vijayanagar emperors. The Ulsoor Lake was built by his successor, Kempe Gowda II, and is the only surviving tank built by the Gowda kings in Bangalore. The first British military station was set up in Halasuru in 1807.\nThere used to be a jackfruit orchard near the Ulsoor Lake, and the Kannada name for jackfruit being 'Halasina Hannu', the area came to be known as Halasuru. During the British rule, the name was anglicised to 'Ulsoor'."
"Bannerghatta Biological Park was created from a portion of the Bannerghatta National Park in 2002. It is situated 22km south of Bangalore, Karnataka, India. The journey to the park from Bangalore takes about one and one half hours. This place is home to one of the richest natural zoological reserves. The 25,000 acre (104.27 sq kms) zoological park makes this a major tourist attraction in Bangalore."
Bannerghatta National Park
"The Bull temple of Bangalore is dedicated to Nandi Bull, the vahana (vehicle) of Lord Shiva. Situated in Basavanagudi, this temple has been built in the Dravidian style of architecture. Kempe Gowda, the founder of Bangalore, got the Bull temple built during his time. This temple counts amongst the oldest temples of the city and draws devotees from all over the country. Read on to know more about the Bull Temple of Bangalore, India.\nThere is huge idol of Nandi Bull inside the temple, measuring 4.5 m in height and 6.5 m in length. This idol is said to have been carved out of a single rock. The bull also has a small iron plate on its head. As per the tradition, this plate prevents the bull from growing. Providing a great backdrop to the statue are the idols of God Surya and Goddess Chandra, on their chariots. It is believed that the Vishva Bharti River originates at the feet of this statue.\nThe legend goes that the Bull Temple was built to appease a bull that used to consume and destroy all the groundnuts and peanuts cultivated in this area. It is also said that after the temple was built, the bull stopped damaging the crop. As a celebration of this incident, the farmers of Basavanagudi organized a Groundnut Fair (Kadalekai Parase), near the temple. This fair continues till date and is attended by the people of Bangalore in large numbers."
"Dodda Basavana Gudi (the Bull Temple) is situated in the N.R. Colony, Basavanagudi, area of South Bangalore, part of the largest city of the Indian state of Karnataka. The Hindu temple is inside the a park called Bugle Rock.\nThe bull referred to is a sacred Hindu demi-god, known as Nandi; Nandi is a close devotee and attendant of Shiva. Dodda Basavana Gudi is said to be the biggest temple to Nandi in the world. The stone cult image of Nandi is continually covered with new layers of butter, benne in the local language of Kannada. There is a cult image of the elephant-headed Hindu deity son of shiva Ganesha close by.\nEvery year on the last Monday and Tuesday of the Hindu month of Karthika Maasa a groundnut fair is held in the temple premises and groundnut is offered to the deity. This fair is known as 'Kadalekaayi Parishe' in local tongue. Groundnut sellers and devotees throng the place during Kadalekaayi Parishe.\nBasavana Gudi is a regular place of visit for tourists and is covered by most of the tour operators including the Karnataka State Tourism Development Corporation."
Dodda Ganapathi Temple
"Gavi Gangadhareshwara Temple (??? ??????????? ????????) also Gavipuram Cave Temple, an example of Indian rock-cut architecture, is located in Bangalore in the state of Karnataka in India. The temple is famous for its mysterious stone discs in the forecourt and the exact planning allowing the Sun to shine on shrine in certain time of the year.The ancient temple was cut out of a monolithic rock probably in the 9th century. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva.The Deity in the main shrine is Shivalinga, in the front of the temple there is also Nandi sculpture. The temple contains also a rare idol of Agni, the God of fire.\nThere are other idols inside including the idol of Agnimurthi, which has two heads, seven hands and three legs. Those worshipping this deity believe it will cure one of all eye defects.\nThis is one of few temples in Bangalore dedicated to Shiva and is visited by hundreds of devotees during Shivaratri."
Gavi Gangadeshwara Cave Temple
"Sri Radha Krishnachandra Temple (Hindi: ???? ???? ?????-?????? ?????? ) or  has deities of Krishna and Radha located at Rajajinagar, in the North Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of the largest ISKCON temples in the world. The temple is a huge cultural complex that was inaugurated in 1997 by Shankar Dayal sharma following the wishes of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder-Acarya of ISKCON to promote Vedic culture and spiritual learning.Around 1976, devotees from different parts of India and the world had initiated activities of ISKCON in different parts of South India like Bangalore, Hubli, Madras, etc. Sankirtans in the streets, enrolling Life Members, arranging programs in the houses, and arranging large public programs in pandals were being conducted.In May 1997, Bangalore Iskcon Temple was inaugurated by the then president of India - Shankar Dayal Sharma."
"So where else would you go shopping in Bangalore other than its famous Commercial Street? As the name suggests, it is one of the best places to go shopping in the city. Starting from clothes, footwear and accessories to digital cameras, this is where you need to head on a shopping spree in Bangalore.\nCommercial Street has many-many bi-lanes where you can spend hours on end simply looking at the goodies before you actually select on buying anything. Having a lot of bargain outlets, this is a great destination for college students who may have to make their wardrobes on a tight budget. Some of the shops sell their wares for as low as a dollar a piece (about 50 Indian rupees). That said and done, many fashion conscious people do go shopping here simply because of the variety of clothing available. Thos with a keen sense of style can put together quite an outfit, picking up different pieces of clothing from different outlets on the Commercial Street."
"A world of Entertainment.\nOnce you enter fun world rest is all forgotten. A park with so much to offer, in the heart of Bangalore City. \nA theme park with Fun all the way. Spread over an area of lush green 22 acres, it has entertainment and fun rides for all ages \nFinally is the Amusement Park. The main attraction of FUN WORLD. Here are the rides that will make you flip, turn, put you in circles, cause your adrenalin to rush up. \nRides like the Giant Wheel, the Merry go round, Coloumbus, Break Dance, Parachute, Tora Tora, etc. and the list is never ending. There are rides for the adults and the kids. A mini scooter ride, small parachute, a lower vertical tower are the attractions for the children."
"Wonderla is an amusement park located near Bidadi, 28 kilometres (17 mi) Bangalore, spanning 82 acres (33 ha) of land. It has been promoted by V-Guard Industries Ltd, based in Cochin, Kerala. It is the second theme park project from the group and has been operational since October 2005. It has been set up with a total investment of over Rs. 105 crores."