"If the name is loosely translated it would mean Green Forest/ Garden and that's exactly what the Hirwa Van Gardens is. The Garden is a man made wonder and words fall short while describing its beauty and splendor. This Garden on the Silvassa - Dadra road has been craftily designed to accommodate almost every ingredient required for a successful picnic. The garden is decorated with roaring waterfalls coupled with misty cascades. The Garden also presents rustic stone walls and twin arches. The entire stretch of the Grass Lawns has been evenly decorated with colourful flower beads and many islands of various enchanting flowers. Tiny kiosks and lush green carpets of grass are enough to hold one spell bound for hours"
Hirwa Van Gardens
"Island Gardens is a public park located at the southern end of the Isle of Dogs--hence the name 'Island'--in the London Borough of Tower Hamlets on the north bank of the River Thames. The park was formally opened on 3 August 1895 by prominent local politician Will Crooks--one of many local improvements he instigated.\nThe 1.12-hectare (2.8-acre) waterside park is notable for its spectacular cross-river view of the classical buildings of the former Greenwich Hospital, the Cutty Sark and the National Maritime Museum, with Greenwich Park forming a backdrop. The northern entrance of the Greenwich foot tunnel is also within the park. It is almost certain that the view from this location is the one that the Canaletto painting 'Greenwich Hospital from the North Bank of the Thames' is taken from, though whether Canaletto himself actually visited the site is in doubt.\nThe park also gave its name to Island Gardens DLR station. This opened in 1987 as the southern terminus of the DLR's initial system, and was an elevated terminal station situated to the west of the park. The later construction of the DLR extension to Lewisham involved a tunnel under the Thames, and Island Gardens station was relocated about 100 metres (330 ft) north, close to the northern entrance to the tunnel by Millwall Park. The new station is largely underground; the original elevated station was demolished."
"The Lion Safari Wildlife Park occupies around 25 hectares of the Dadra & Nagar Haveli Wildlife Sanctuary. The Safari zone has been cordoned from rest of the area using a seven meter chain-link wall that stretches for almost 3 Km. The Safari itself is mostly covered on the 3Km road network inside the zone and the entrance to the zone is restricted through two outer and inner entrance gates. The Safari riders are provided with specially caged vehicles. The Lion Safari is an effort to provide a home for the Asiatic lion (Panthera Leo).The tribal are heavily dependent on the nature for all their day-to-day needs. The area of 92 Sq. Kms Of forests near Dadra and Nagar Haveli Wildlife Sanctuary was declared reserved forest in 2000"
Lion Safari Wildlife Park
"There are several monuments in Silvassa that relay the diverse culture and The Church of Our Lady is one of those sights. The church of Our Lady of piety is a century old chapel, built in 1886-89, by the Portuguese settlers. The church is a somber reminder of the dominance of the Portuguese over the locals wherein all the 72 villages were under the rule of the Portuguese. The church structure is magnificent and the construction and internal as well as the external archway decoration is exquisite. The church is still standing strong and holds testimony to the marvelous architectural capabilities of the Portuguese"
Our Lady of Piety Church