"Government Museum (Bangalore) established in 1865 by the Mysore State with the guidance of Surgeon Edward Balfour who founded the museum in Madras and supported by the Chief Commissioner of Mysore, L.B. Bowring is one of the oldest museums in India and the second oldest museum in South India. It is now an Archaeological Museum and has a rare collection of archaeological and geological artifacts including old jewellery, sculpture, coins and inscriptions. The museum is also home to the Halmidi inscription, the earliest Kannada inscription ever found (450 AD)."
"Bharat Bhavan is an autonomous multi-arts complex and museum in the state of capital Bhopal, established and funded by the Government of Madhya Pradesh. Opened in 1982, facing the Upper Lake, Bhopal, it houses an art gallery, a fine art workshops, an open-air amphitheatre, a studio theatre, an auditorium, a museum tribal and folk art, libraries of Indian poetry, classical music as well as folk music."
"Birla Industrial Museum of Kolkata was founded in 1956. It was initiated by the Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR). It was the untiring effort of Dr. BC Roy, the then Chief Minister of West Bengal, that the Birlas gave away the building and the adjacent piece of land. This actually was a property of Satyendranath Tagore. In the year 1978 the Birla Industrial Museum of Kolkata has been brought under the National Council of Science Museums (NCSM). The basic objective of the museum is to evoke the thirst for science and a concept of technology amongst the mass, particularly the students."
"Situated in the banks of the magnificient Upper Lake, Gohar Mahal is one of the beautiful palaces in Bhopal. It is built by Gohar begum, who was the first woman ruler of Bhopal. Constructed in the year 1820, Gohar Mahal is an architectural marvel, which presents a perfect blend of Hindu and Mughal Architecture. \nThough the Palace has not been maintained properly, its arcades maintain the majestic look and the past glory. A splendid mansion of great historical importance, Gohar Mahal is in the path of renovation which will restore the original grandeur."
"Spread over a vast area of 200 acres of land, the Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya (National Museum of Mankind) is located on the Shamla Hills. It is the only museum in the world to have a vivid collection of pre-historic painted rock shelters. Located in one among the pre-historic sites of India, this great anthropological Museum is a replica of the tribal life. \nThis museum of mankind is also renowned as the tribal habitat, where an open-air exhibition of contemporary tribal cultures and actual-size dwellings of typical tribal villages of Indian states are recreated. The habitat is open from 10 am to 6 pm every day expect on Mondays and national holidays. \nA prominent tourist destination in Bhopal, this museum holds a superb library with best compilations of ethnographic specimens, and audio-visual archives. Recently renamed as the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Manav Sangrahalaya, this museum is a genuine effort to recreate the ancient tribal life."
Museum of Mankind (Tribal Habitat)
"The Shaukat Mahal is situated at the entrance of the bustling chowk area of Bhopal city in Madhya Pradesh where once existed the old city of Shahjehanabad. The Mahal is a melting pot of oriental and occidental styles of art and architecture. It is believed that the idea of Shaukat Mahal has been conceived and designed by a decadent Frenchman who is supposed to be a descendant of the renowned Bourbon Dynasty of France. \nWhile the Islamic style dominates the structures of Bhopal, the Shaukat Mahal in Bhopal has an Islamic name but a very distinct architecture. Medieval Gothic style and post- Renaissance styles have been blended harmoniously to make this very unique structure in Bhopal. \nThe Shaukat Mahal of Bhopal once served as the palace of Bhopal Nawab and is truly an architectural beauty. The triangular - shaped arches adorn the ceiling of Shaukat Mahal and the sprawling alabaster - white building is patterned with intrinsic floral patterns on its outer walls. The adjoining brick red building of Sadar Manzil served as a Hall of Public Audience. "
"The Lower Lake or Chhota Talaab is a lake in Bhopal, the capital of Madhya Pradesh state of India. Along with the Upper Lake, it forms the Bhoj Wetland.The lake was built by creating in 1794 to beautify the city. The construction was commissioned by Chote Khan, a minister of Nawab Hayat Muhammad Khan Bahadur. A number of earlier wells were merged in this lake.\nThe bridge that separates the Lower Lake and the Upper Lake is called \"Pul Pukhta\" or Lower Lake bridge. The lower lake has also been mentioned as \"Pukhta-Pul Talao\" in literature."
"Upper Lake (formerly, Upper Clear Lake and Upperlake) is a census-designated place (CDP) in Lake County, California, United States. Upper Lake is located 8 miles (13 km) north of Lakeport, at an elevation of 1345 feet (410 m). The population was 1,052 at the 2010 census, up from 989 at the 2000 census. The Habematolel Pomo of Upper Lake are headquartered here."
"Van Vihar National Park is a national park in India located at the heart of Bhopal, the capital city of Madhya Pradesh. Declared a national park in 1983, it covers an area of about 4.45 sq kms. Although it has the status of a national park, Van Vihar is developed and managed as a modern zoological park, following the guidelines of the Central Zoo Authority. The animals are kept in their near natural habitat. Most of the animals are either orphaned brought from various parts of the state or those, which are exchanged from other zoos. No animal is deliberately captured from the forest. Van Vihar is unique because it allows easy access to the visitors through a road passing through the park, security of animals from poachers by building trenches and walls and providing natural habitat to the animals."
Van Vihar National Park
"The Masjid-i Jah?n-Num? (Persian: ???? ???? ???, Devanagari: ?????? ???? ????, the 'World-reflecting Mosque'), commonly known as the Jama Masjid (Hindi: ???? ??????, Urdu: ???? ?????) of Delhi, is the principal mosque of Old Delhi in India. Commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, it is the largest and best-known mosque in India. Construction began in 1650 and was completed in 1656. It lies at the beginning of the Chawri Bazar Road, a very busy central street of Old Delhi. The later name, Jama Masjid, refers to the weekly Friday noon congregation prayers of Muslims, Jummah, which are usually done in a mosque, the \"congregational mosque\" or \"j?ma masjid\". The courtyard of the mosque can hold up to twenty-five thousand worshippers. The mosque also houses several relics in a closet in the north gate, including an antique copy of the Qur'an written on deer skin."
"The Moti Masjid (Urdu: ???? ?????, translation: Pearl Mosque) is a white marble mosque inside the Red Fort complex in Delhi, India.built by the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb at the Red Fort complex in Delhi, India, from 1659-1660 or his personal use. The domes were originally covered in copper, but the copper was removed and sold by the British. \nThe outer walls are oriented in symmetry with the outer walls of the fort, while the inner walls are at a slightly different orientation to align with the location of Mecca.\nA mosque by the same name was also built in 1645 CE by Shah Jahan, Aurangzeb's father, inside the Lahore Fort in Lahore, Pakistan.\nAnother small mosque by the same name, was built for private prayer, by Mughal emperor, Bahadur Shah I (r. 1707-1712) and Aurangzeb's son, close to the Ajmere Gate of the dargah of Sufi saint, Qutbuddin Bakhtiar Kaki at Mehrauli, and is an imitation of the one inside the Red Fort of Delhi"
"Taj-ul-Masajid (literally: \"the crown of mosques\", also spelt as Taj-ul-Masaajid and Taj-ul-Masjid) is a mosque situated in Bhopal, India. The mosque is also used as a madrasah (Islamic school) during the day time.\"Taj-ul-Masajid\" literally means \"The Crown of Mosques\". The construction of the mosque was initiated during the reign of the Mughal Emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar by Nawab Shah Jahan Begum (1844- 1860 and 1868-1901) of Bhopal (wife of Baqi Mohammad Khan) and continued to be built by her daughter Sultan Jahan Begum, till her lifetime. The mosque was not completed due to lack of funds, and after a long lay-off after the War of 1857, construction was resumed in 1971 by great efforts of Allama Mohammad Imran Khan Nadwi Azhari and Maulana Sayed Hashmat Ali Sahab of Bhopal. The construction was completed by 1985 and the entrance (eastern) gate was renovated grandly using ancient motifs from circa 1250 Syrian mosques by the contribution of the Emir of Kuwait to commemorate the memory of his departed wife."