"Humayun's tomb (Urdu: ?????? ?? ?????? Humayun ka Maqbara) is the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun. The tomb was commissioned by Humayun's first wife Bega Begum (Haji Begum) in 1569-70, and designed by Mirak Mirza Ghiyas, a Persian architect chosen by Bega Begum. It was the first garden-tomb on the Indian subcontinent, and is located in Nizamuddin East, Delhi, India, close to the Dina-panah citadel also known as Purana Qila (Old Fort), that Humayun founded in 1533. It was also the first structure to use red sandstone at such a scale The tomb was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1993, and since then has undergone extensive restoration work, which is complete. Besides the main tomb enclosure of Humayun, several smaller monuments dot the pathway leading up to it, from the main entrance in the West, including one that even pre-dates the main tomb itself, by twenty years; it is the tomb complex of Isa Khan Niyazi, an Afghan noble in Sher Shah Suri's court of the Suri dynasty, who fought against the Mughals, constructed in 1547 CE.\n\n\nFront View of Humayun's Tomb, Delhi\nThe complex encompasses the main tomb of the Emperor Humayun, which houses the graves of Bega Begum herself, Hamida Begum, and also Dara Shikoh, great great grandson of Humayun and son of the later Emperor Shah Jahan, as well as numerous other subsequent Mughals, including Emperor Jahandar Shah, Farrukhsiyar, Rafi Ul-Darjat, Rafi Ud-Daulat and Alamgir II. It represented a leap in Mughal architecture, and together with its accomplished Charbagh garden, typical of Persian gardens, but never seen before in India, it set a precedent for subsequent Mughal architecture. It is seen as a clear departure from the fairly modest mausoleum of his father, the first Mughal Emperor, Babur, called Bagh-e Babur (Gardens of Babur) in Kabul (Afghanistan). Though the latter was the first Emperor to start the tradition of being buried in a paradise garden. Modelled on Gur-e Amir, the tomb of his ancestor and Asia's conqueror Timur in Samarkand, it created a precedent for future Mughal architecture of royal mausolea, which reached its zenith with the Taj Mahal, at Agra.\nThe site was chosen on the banks of Yamuna river, due to its proximity to Nizamuddin Dargah, the mausoleum of the celebrated Sufi saint of Delhi, Nizamuddin Auliya, who was much revered by the rulers of Delhi, and whose residence, Chilla Nizamuddin Auliya lies just north-east of the tomb. In later Mughal history, the last Mughal Emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar took refuge here, during the Indian Rebellion of 1857, along with three princes, and was captured by Captain Hodson before being exiled to Rangoon. At the time of the Slave Dynasty this land was under the 'KiloKheri Fort' which was capital of Sultan Kequbad, son of Nasiruddin (1268-1287)."
Humayun tomb garden
"The India Gate is the national monument of India. Situated in the heart of New Delhi, it was designed by Sir Edwin Lutyens.\nIt commemorates the 70,000 Indian soldiers who lost their lives fighting for the British Army during the World War I. The memorial bears the names of more than 13,516 British and Indian soldiers killed in the Northwestern Frontier in the Afghan war of 1919.\nThe foundation stone of India Gate was laid by His Royal Highness, the Duke of Connaught in 1921. The monument was dedicated to the nation 10 years later by the then Viceroy, Lord Irwin.\nOriginally, a statue of George V, Emperor of India stood under the now vacant canopy in front of the India Gate, but it was removed to Coronation Park together with a number of other British Raj-era statues. Following India's independence, the India Gate became the site of the Indian Armed Forces's Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, known as Amar Jawan Jyoti (\"the flame of the immortal soldier\")."
"The Jantar Mantar is located in the modern city of New Delhi. It consists of 13 architectural astronomy instruments. The site is one of five built by Maharaja Jai Singh II of Jaipur, from 1724 onwards, as he was given by Mughal emperor Muhammad Shah the task of revising the calendar and astronomical tables. There is a plaque fixed on one of the structures in the Jantar Mantar observatory in New Delhi that was placed there in 1910 mistakenly dating the construction of the complex to the year 1710. Later research, though, suggests 1724 as the actual year of construction.\nThe primary purpose of the observatory was to compile astronomical tables, and to predict the times and movements of the sun, moon and planets. Some of these purposes nowadays would be classified as astronomy.\nCompleted in 1724, the Delhi Jantar Mantar had decayed considerably by 1867. Much like the Great Sphinx of Egypt, however, it was not too late to return the calculating instruments of Delhi's Jantar Mantar to their former glory."
International Doll’s museum
"The National Museum in New Delhi is one of the largest museums in India. Established in 1949, it holds variety of articles ranging from pre-historic era to modern works of art. It functions under the Ministry of Culture, Government of India. The museum is situated on the corner of Janpath and Maulana Azad Road. The museum has 200,000 works of art, both of Indian and foreign origin, covering over 5,000 years.\nIt also houses the National Museum Institute of History of Arts, Conservation and Museology established in 1983 and now a Deemed University since 1989, and run Masters and Doctoral level courses in History of Art, Art Conservation and Art restoration."
"he National Railway Museum (NRM) is a museum in York forming part of the British National Museum of Science and Industry and telling the story of rail transport in Britain and its impact on society. It has won many awards, including the European Museum of the Year Award in 2001. It is the home of the national collection of historically significant railway vehicles, as well as a collection of other artefacts and both written and pictorial records. The museum is currently facing potential financial problems which could see its functions scaled down or the site closed down."
National Railway Museum
" Parliament House of Delhi, commonly known as the Sansad Bhawan is situated at the end point of the Sansad Marg in New Delhi. Parliament House is a circular structure designed by Herbert Baker and was opened in 1927. The huge structure of the Parliament House in Delhi has 247 pillars with broad corridor. The Parliament House of New Delhi is the Legislative Assembly of the country.\nGeneral public can enter the Sansad Bhawan or the Parliament House and view sessions in the public gallery by receiving permits from the reception office of Raisina Road of New Delhi. No buses are allowed to run near the Sansad Marg but if you desire to come to this place you can hire a taxi or an auto rickshaw. Entrance in the Parliament House in Delhi demands a letter of introduction which is a form of official permission. Indian citizen can apply to the secretariat of the Parliament for permission while the foreigners can apply for permission to their embassies or high commissions. \nThe Delhi Parliament House of India is a place where the world's largest democracy functions. Though photography is not prohibited in Parliament House of India, prior permission is needed."
"Purana Qila (Hindi: ?????? ?????, Urdu: ?????? ?????, translation: Old Fort), is the oldest fort among all forts in Delhi and, the oldest known structure of any type in Delhi. It was re built by the Afghan king Sher Shah Suri, on the same site, which was perhaps the site of Indraprastha, believed to be the capital of the Pandavas, Sher Shah raised the citadel of Purana-Qal'a with an extensive city-area sprawling around it. It seems that the Purana-Qal'a was still incomplete at Sher Shah's death in 1545, and was perhaps completed by his son Islam Shah or Humayun, although it is not certain which parts were built by whom. It's located at the site of the legendary city of Indraprastha, that was founded by Pandavas on the banks of perennial river Yamuna, which is revered by Hindus since ages, points to the possibility of this site's history dating back to nearly more than 5000 years old. Consequently the fort is considered by some, to be 'the first city of Delhi'. Researchers now confirm that uptill 1913, a village called Indrapat existed with in the fort walls. Excavations carried out by Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) at Purana Quila in 1954-55 (trial trenches) and again 1969 to 1973 by its Director, B B Lal have unearthed Painted Grey Ware dating 1000 B.C., and with a continuous cultural sequence from Mauryan to Mughal through Sunga, Kushana, Gupta, Rajput and Sultanate periods, confirming the antiquity of the fort."
Purana Qila (Old Fort)
"Qutub Minar (The Qutub Tower; Urdu: ??? ??????), also known as Qutb Minar and Qutab Minar, is the tallest minar (73 metres) in India originally an ancient Islamic Monument, inscribed with Arabic inscriptions, though the iron pillar has some Brahmi inscriptions, and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Located in Delhi, the Qutub Minar is made of red sandstone and marble. The stairs of the tower has 379 steps, is 72.5 metres (237.8 ft) high, and has a base diameter of 14.3 metres, which narrows to 2.7 metres at the top. Construction was started in 1192 by Qutub-ud-din Aibak and was carried on by his successor, Iltutmish. In 1368, Firoz Shah Tughlak constructed the fifth and the last storey.  It is surrounded by several other ancient and medieval structures and ruins, collectively known as the Qutub complex."
"Raj Ghat (Hindi: ??? ???) is a memorial to Mahatma Gandhi. Originally it was the name of a historic ghat of Old Delhi (Shahjahanabad) on the banks of Yamuna river. Close to it, and east of Daryaganj was \"Raj Ghat Gate\" of the walled city, opening at Raj Ghat on Yamuna River. Later the memorial area was also called Raj ghat. It is a black marble platform that marks the spot of Mahatma Gandhi's cremation, Antyesti (Antim Sanskar) on 31 January 1948, a day after his assassination. It is left open to the sky while an eternal flame burns perpetually at one end. It is located on the banks of the river Yamuna in Delhi in India on Ring Road officially known as Mahatma Gandhi Road. A stone footpath flanked by lawns leads to the walled enclosure that houses the memorial. All guests must remove their footwear before entering the Raj Ghat walls."
"Rashtrapati Bhavan (Hindi: ?????????? ???)(About this sound pronunciation (help.info)) (Hindi for Presidential Residence) is the official home of the President of India. It may refer to only the mansion (the 340-room main building) that has the President's official residence, halls, guest rooms and offices; it may also refer to the entire 130 hectare (320 acre) President Estate that additionally includes huge presidential gardens (Mughal Gardens), large open spaces, residences of bodyguards and staff, stables, other offices and utilities within its perimeter walls. The main palace building was formerly known as Viceroy's House."
"The Red Fort, known locally as Lal Qila (Hindi: ??? ?????) is a 17th-century fort complex constructed by the Mughal emperor, Shah Jahan in the walled city of Old Delhi (in present day Delhi, India) that served as the residence of the Mughal Emperors. The design is commonly credited to Mughal architect Ustad Ahmad. The fort was the palace for Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan's new capital, Shahjahanabad, the seventh city in the Delhi site. He moved his capital here from Agra in a move designed to bring prestige to his reign, and to provide ample opportunity to apply his ambitious building schemes and interests. It served as the capital of the Mughals until 1857, when Mughal emperor Bahadur Shah Zafar was exiled by the British Indian government.\nThe fort lies along the Yamuna River, which fed the moats that surround most of the walls. The wall at its north-eastern corner is adjacent to an older fort, the Salimgarh Fort, a defence built by Islam Shah Suri in 1546. The construction of the Red Fort began in 1638 and was completed by 1648. The Red Fort has had many developments added on after its construction by Emperor Shah Jahan. The significant phases of development were under Aurangzeb and later under later Mughal rulers. It was designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2007. The earlier Red Fort was built by Tomara king Anangpala, now known as the Qulb Mosque."
Red Fort (Lal Qila)
"The Teen Murti Bhavan (Teen Murti House) is the former residence of the first Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru in Delhi, India, who stayed here for 16 years until his death on May 27, 1964. It was designed by Robert Tor Russell, the British architect of Connaught Place and of the Eastern and Western Courts on Janpath during the British Raj. Teen Murti Bhavan was built in 1930 as part of the new imperial capital of India, New Delhi as the residence of the Commander-in-Chief of the British Indian Army.\nToday, Teen Murti houses various institutions including the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library (NMML), which runs under the Indian Ministry of Culture, and has Dr. Karan Singh as the chairman of its Executive Council. The complex also houses the offices of the 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund', established in 1964 under the Chairmanship of Dr S. Radhakrishnan, then President of India. Teen Murti Bhavan also contains a number of mementos from various nations including England, Nepal, Somalia, China, etc. Each memento represents a notable resource of each nation. The foundation also awards the 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fellowship', established in 1968.\nAlso contained within the complex are the 'Centre for Contemporary Studies' and the Nehru Planetarium which opened in 1984."
Teen Murti Bhavan (Nehru House)
"Lodi Gardens (Hindi: ???? ????, Urdu: ????? ???) is a park in Delhi, India. Spread over 90 acres (360,000 m2), it contains, Mohammed Shah's Tomb, Sikander Lodi's Tomb, Sheesh Gumbad and Bara Gumbad, architectural works of the 15th century Sayyid and Lodhis, a Pashtun dynasty which ruled much of Northern India during the 16th century, and the site is now protected by the Archeological Survey of India (ASI).\nThe gardens are situated between Khan Market and Safdarjung's Tomb on Lodhi Road and is a hotspot for morning walks for the Delhiites."
"Nehru Park, Delhi, is large park situated in the Chanakyapuri Diplomatic Enclave of New Delhi. Named after India's first Prime Minister, Jawaharlal Nehru, the park is spread over an area of 80 acres (320,000 m2), close to the heart of the city, and was established in 1969.\nIt is today one of city leading green areas, and a venue for 'Morning Ragas and Evening Ragas Concerts, as part of the \"Music in the Park\" concerts organized by NDMC, New Delhi Municipal Council, SPIC MACAY music concerts and the annual 'Bhakti Festival'. Apart from this it is a regular venue for art events, morning yoga classes, and houses an ancient Shiv Temple and cafe. The park is one of the most famous landmarks of Delhi and a beautiful place to hang out during a sunny winter afternoon in Delhi. An absolute must see for anyone visiting Delhi.\nThe Park has a life size alloy statue of Vladimir Lenin the leader of the Great October Socialist Revolution of Russia. The statue was installed on Ist November 1987 during the 70th anniversary of October Revolution. It was unveiled by then Soviet Premier Nikolai Ryzhkov, Indian Prime-minister Rajiv Gandhi and his wife Sonia Gandhi. Every year on 22nd April members of Communist Party of India (Marxist) and other Left oriented Political parties visits the place to commemorate the Birth Anniversary of Lenin.>>"
"The National Zoological Park (originally Delhi Zoo) is a 176-acre (71 ha) zoo near the Old Fort in Delhi, India. A 16th-century citadel, a sprawling green island and a motley collection of animals and birds, all in the middle of a burgeoning urbane Delhi. The zoo is home to about 1350 animals representing almost 130 species of animals and birds from around the world.\nThe zoo can be seen on foot or using a battery-operated vehicle which can be rented at the zoo. Visitors are not permitted to bring any food other than drinking water, but there is a canteen in the zoo."
National Zoological Park
"Gurdwara Bangla Sahib is the most prominent Sikh gurdwara, or Sikh house of worship, in Delhi, known for its association with the eighth Sikh Guru, Guru Har Krishan, and the pond inside its complex, known as the \"Sarovar\", whose water is considered holy by Sikhs and is known as \"Amrit\". It was first built as a small temple by Sikh General, Sardar Bhagel Singh in 1783, who supervised the construction of nine Sikh shrines in Delhi in the same year, during the reign of Mughal Emperor, Shah Alam II.\nIt is situated near Connaught Place, New Delhi and is instantly recognisable by its stunning golden dome and tall flagpole, Nishan Sahib.[2"
Gurudwara Bangla Sahib
"Nizamuddin Dargah (Urdu: ???? ?????? ????? ?, Hindi: ???????????? ?????) is the dargah (mausoleum) of one of the world's most famous Sufi saints, Nizamuddin Auliya (1238 - 1325 CE). Situated in the Nizamuddin West area of Delhi, the dargah is visited by thousands of Muslims every week, and sees a fair share of Hindus, Christians and people from other religions. The tombs of poet Amir Khusro and Mughal princess Jehan Ara Begum are also located within the Nizamuddin Dargah complex, and Inayat Khan's tomb is just around the corner."
Hazrat Nizamuddin (Nizamuddin's Shrine)
"Sri Radha Krishnachandra Temple (Hindi: ???? ???? ?????-?????? ?????? ) or  has deities of Krishna and Radha located at Rajajinagar, in the North Bangalore, Karnataka, India. It is one of the largest ISKCON temples in the world. The temple is a huge cultural complex that was inaugurated in 1997 by Shankar Dayal sharma following the wishes of A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami Prabhupada, the Founder-Acarya of ISKCON to promote Vedic culture and spiritual learning."
ISKCON (Hare Krishna) Temple
"The Masjid-i Jah?n-Num? (Persian: ???? ???? ???, Devanagari: ?????? ???? ????, the 'World-reflecting Mosque'), commonly known as the Jama Masjid (Hindi: ???? ??????, Urdu: ???? ?????) of Delhi, is the principal mosque of Old Delhi in India. Commissioned by the Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan, it is the largest and best-known mosque in India. Construction began in 1650 and was completed in 1656. It lies at the beginning of the Chawri Bazar Road, a very busy central street of Old Delhi. The later name, Jama Masjid, refers to the weekly Friday noon congregation prayers of Muslims, Jummah, which are usually done in a mosque, the \"congregational mosque\" or \"j?ma masjid\". The courtyard of the mosque can hold up to twenty-five thousand worshippers. The mosque also houses several relics in a closet in the north gate, including an antique copy of the Qur'an written on deer skin."
"The Laxminarayan Temple (Hindi: ???? ????????????? ??????, also known as the Birla Mandir) is a Hindu temple dedicated to Laxminarayan in Delhi, India. Laxminarayan usually refers to Vishnu, Preserver in the Trimurti, also known as Narayan, when he is with his consort Lakshmi. The temple, inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi, was made built by B. R. Birla and Jugal Kishore Birla from 1933 and 1939. The side temples are dedicated to Shiva, Krishna and Buddha.\nThe temple spread over 7.5 acres, is adorned with many shrines, fountains, and a large garden, and also houses Geeta Bhawan for discources. The temple is one of the major attractions of Delhi and attracts thousands of devotees on the Hindu festivals of Janmashtami and Diwali."
Lakshmi Narayan Temple (Birla Mandir)
"The Lotus Temple, located in New Delhi, India, is a Baha'i House of Worship completed in 1986. Notable for its flowerlike shape, it serves as the Mother Temple of the Indian subcontinent and has become a prominent attraction in the city. The Lotus Temple has won numerous architectural awards and been featured in hundreds of newspaper and magazine articles."
"Akshardham (Gujarati: ???????????? ????????, Devnagari: ???????????? ????????) is a Hindu temple complex in Delhi, India. Also referred to as Delhi Akshardham or Swaminarayan Akshardham, the complex displays millennia of traditional Hindu and Indian culture, spirituality, and architecture. The building was inspired and developed by Pramukh Swami Maharaj, the spiritual head of the Bochasanwasi Shri Akshar Purushottam Swaminarayan Sanstha, whose 3,000 volunteers helped 7,000 artisans construct Akshardham.\nThe temple, which attracts approximately 70 percent of all tourists who visit Delhi, was officially opened on 6 November 2005. It sits near the banks of the Yamuna adjacent to the 2010 Commonwealth Games village in eastern New Delhi. The temple, at the center of the complex, was built according to the Vastu Shastra and Pancharatra Shastra. In addition to the large central temple crafted entirely of stone, the complex features exhibitions on incidents from the life of Swaminarayan and the history of India, an IMAX feature on the early life of Swaminarayan as the teenage yogi, Nilkanth, a musical fountain on the message of the Upanishads, and large landscaped gardens. The temple is named after a belief in Swaminarayan Hinduism."
Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple
"Ansal Plaza is a shopping mall located at Andrews Ganj on Khel Gaon Marg, in South Delhi. Opened on 1 November 1999, it is the first major shopping mall of Delhi. The mall was established by Ansal Properties & Infrastructure Ltd. The mall has an amphitheatre enclaved within the circular shaped plaza. It has parking facilities for 1000 cars."
"Chandni Chowk (?????? ???)(Urdu: ?????? ????), originally meaning moonlit square or market, is one of the oldest and busiest markets in Old Delhi, now in central north Delhi, India. Built in 17th century by the Mughal emperor of India Shah Jahan and designed by his daughter Jahan Ara, the market was once divided by canals (now closed) to reflect moonlight, and it remains one of India's largest wholesale markets."
"A covered bazaar was unheard-of in India during the rule of Emperor Shah Jahan. The Emperor instructed Mukarmat Khan to build a covered market in Delhi. Shah Jahan was greatly impressed with the design of the covered market since it was appropriate for the hot climate of Delhi. This covered market is presently known as 'Chhatta Chowk Bazaar' or the 'Meena Bazaar', and was earlier known as the 'Bazaar-i-Musaqqaf' or the market with roof. \nIt is believed that some 300 years ago, this bazaar accommodated the luxury trade of the royally household, and traded rugs, exquisite carpets, jajams and shatranjis, quilts, takia-namads, shahtus, pashmina shawls, brocaded costumes, velvet pardahs etc."
Chatta Chowk (Covered Bazaar)
"Connaught Place (Hindi: ???? ?????, Punjabi: ???? ????, Urdu: ???? ????, officially Rajiv Chowk) is one of the largest financial, commercial and business centres in Delhi, India. It is often abbreviated as CP and houses the headquarters of several Indian firms. It was earlier the headquarters for the British. Its surroundings occupy pride of place in the city, counted among the top heritage structures in New Delhi. It was developed as a showpiece of Lutyens' Delhi featuring a Central Business District. Named after H.R.H. Field Marshal The 1st Duke of Connaught and Strathearn, the construction work was started in 1929 and completed in 1933. The Inner Circle of Connaught Place was renamed Rajiv Chowk (after the late Prime Minister of India, Rajiv Gandhi) and the Outer Circle was renamed Indira Chowk by Union Home Minister S.B. Chavan. Today, Connaught Place is one of the most vibrant business districts of Delhi. It is the fourth most expensive office destination in the world, according to global property consultant CBRE Group and fifth high priced market in the world according 2013 Forbes list "
"Dilli Haat is an open-air food plaza and cradia, and from a variety of cultural traditions of India.\nUnlike the traditional weekly market, the village Haat, Dilli Haat is permanent.\nDILLI HAAT is located in the commercial centers of South Delhi, opposite INA market. The 6 acres of land on which this complex is situated was salvaged as part of a reclamation project and transformed into a plaza. Extensive foundation work, small thatched roof cottages and kiosks give the plaza a village atmosphere. Some shops are permanent but other sellers are rotated, usually for fifteen days. Products offered may include rosewood and sandalwood carvings, embellished camel hide footwear, sophisticated fabric and drapery, gems, beads, brassware, metal crafts, and silk and wool fabrics. A number of shows promoting handicrafts and handlooms are held at the exhibition hall in the complex. To sell wares, there is an application process and spaces are allocated according to which state the seller is from. In all, Dilli Haat, INA Market has 62 stalls allotted on a rotational basis to craftsmen a payment of INR 100 per day for a maximum period of 15 Days."