"Allahabad Fort (Hindi: ???????? ?????, Urdu: ??? ???? ???? Il?h?b?d Qila) at Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh, India was built by Emperor Ashoka but repaired byEmperor Akbar in 1583. The fort stands on the banks of the Yamuna near the confluence with the river Ganges. It is the largest fort built by Akbar. In its prime, the fort was unrivaled for its design, construction and craftsmanship. This huge fort has three galleries flanked by high towers."
"The Allahabad Museum is a museum in Allahabad, Uttar Pradesh. Established in 1931, it is known for its rich collection and unique objects of art, and is funded by Ministry of Culture."
"The Jawahar Planetarium is located in the city of Allahabad in Uttar Pradesh, India. It was built in 1979 and is situated beside Anand Bhavan the former residence of the Nehru-Gandhi family and now a museum. It is managed by the 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund' (estb. 1964), which has its headquarters at Teen Murti House, New Delhi.\nEach year, the prestigious 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Lecture' is also held at the planetarium, organised under the auspices of Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund on the birth anniversary of India's first prime minister, November 14."
"The Anand Bhavan is a historic house museum in Allahabad, India focusing on the Nehru-Gandhi Family. It was constructed by Indian political leader Motilal Nehru in the 1930s to serve as the residence of the Nehru family when the original mansion Swaraj Bhavan (previously called Anand Bhavan) was transformed into the local headquarters of the Indian National Congress. Jawahar Planetarium, the famous planetarium is situated here, which has been striving to inculcate scientific temper among masses through its sky shows on astronomy and science.\nAnand Bhavan was donated to Indian government in 1970 by Indira Gandhi."
"The Lion Capital of Ashoka is a sculpture of four Indian lions standing back to back, on an elaborate base that includes other animals. A graphic representation of it was adopted as the official Emblem of India in 1950. It was originally placed atop the A?oka pillar at the important Buddhist site of Sarnath by the Emperor Ashoka, in about 250 BCE. The pillar, sometimes called the A?oka Column, is still in its original location, but the Lion Capital is now in the Sarnath Museum, in the state of Uttar Pradesh, India. Standing 2.15 metres (7 feet) high including the base, it is more elaborate than the other very similar surviving capitals of the pillars of Ashoka bearing the Edicts of Ashoka that were placed throughout India (including modern Nepal, Pakistan and Afghanistan) several of which feature single animals at the top; one other damaged group of four lions survives, as Sanchi.\nThe capital is carved out of a single block of polished sandstone, and was always a separate piece from the column itself. It features four Asiatic Lions standing back to back. They are mounted on an abacus with a frieze carrying sculptures in high relief of an elephant, a galloping horse, a bull, and a lion, separated by intervening spoked chariot-wheels. The whole sits upon a bell-shaped lotus. The capital was originally probably crowned by a 'Wheel of Dharma' (Dharmachakra popularly known in India as the \"Ashoka Chakra\"), with 24 spokes, of which a few fragments were found on the site. A 13th-century replica of the Sarnath pillar and capital in Wat Umong near Chiang Mai, Thailand built by King Mangrai, preserves its crowning Ashoka Chakra or Dharmachakra. The wheel on the capital, below the lions, is the model for the one in the flag of India."
"Swaraj Bhavan (formerly Anand Bhavan) is a large mansion located in Allahabad, India. It was owned by Indian political leader Motilal Nehru in the 19th century, it has served as the ancestral home of the Nehru-Gandhi Family -- future Prime Minister of India Indira Gandhi was born there. The First Prime Minister of India Jawaharlal Nehru was however not born in Anand Bhawan.\nIt is managed by the 'Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund', Delhi."
"Khusro Bagh (Hindi: ?????? ????, Urdu: ???? ???) is a large walled garden, close to the Allahabad Junction Station, in Allahabad, India, surrounding the tombs of Khusrau Mirza (died 1622), eldest son of emperor Jahangir, Shah Begum, Khusrau's mother (died 1604), a Rajput princess and Jahangir's first wife, and that of Princess Sultan Nithar Begam (died c.1624), Khusrau's sister."
"Minto Park, officially Madan Mohan Malaviya Park, is a park in Allahabad, India. It is located in the southern part of the city along the banks of Yamuna river. The park is a historical site for in 1858 Earl Canning read out the declaration of Queen Victoria's Proclamation which resulted in the complete transfer of control over India from The East India Company to the government of Britain. The park is named after Earl of Minto who, in 1910, laid a stone memorial with a four-lion symbol on the park."
"In Hindu tradition Triveni Sangam is the \"confluence\" of three rivers. Sangama is the Sanskrit word for confluence. The point of confluence is a sacred place for Hindus. A bath here is said to wash away all of one's sins and free one from the cycle of rebirth."