"Karumady is a village three km east of Ambalappuzha in Alappuzha district of the Indian state of Kerala. It is famous for Karumady Kuttan, the eleventh century black granite statue of Sri Buddha. The left hand side of this statue is missing"
"The Krishnapuram Palace is a palace and museum located in Kayamkulam near Allepey in Alappuzha district, Kerala in southwestern India. It was built in the 18th century by Anizham Thirunal Marthanda Varma (1729-1758 AD), the Travancore kingdom. It is built in the architectural style of Kerala with gabled roof, narrow corridor and dormer windows, near the Krishnaswamy Temple at Krishnapuram.\nThe palace is maintained by the Archaeological Department of Kerala and contains exhibits that belonged to the Palace and its former occupant, the Travancore Maharaja Marthanda Varma. It is also famous for a large pond within the palace complex. It is also said that an underground escape route runs from the bottom of the pond as a possible escape route from enemies.\nAmong the many Kerala-style paintings seen in the palace, a distinctly placed mural painting is titled \"Gajendra Moksham\" of 154 square feet (14.3 m2) size, which is said to be the largest such find in Kerala. It is placed on the western end of the ground floor of the palace.\nThe double edged Kayamkulam Vaal (sword) is also on display here. The palace houses, in its courtyard, one of the four statues of Buddha found in Alappuzha District."
"Pandavan Rock gets its name from the Pandavas of Mahabharata who stayed in a cave here during the time of their exile. Pandavan Para, also known as the Rock of the Pandavas, this is an ideal picnic spot. It takes walking to get to this location, but it is not a hard climb. There are several vantage points with magnificent views along the trail. The panoramic view that can be seen when you reach the rocky outcrop at the top is exceptional."
"Alappuzha Beach is a beach in the Alappuzha district of Kerala, India.\nAlappuzha beach during sunset\nThe beach has a small park nearby. Alappuzha Lighthouse stands near the beach which is also an interesting spot for tourists. Remains of Alappuzha Sea Bridge, which is in ruins, are still there as a memory of the good old days when Alappuzha port was one of the most famous and important ports in Kerala. The Sea Bridge enabled the passage of goods came via ships.\nThe beach is one of the best beach locations for movies. Movies like Thashan, sura etc. were shot here partially.\nAlappuzha is referred to as the Venice of the East by travellers from across the world. This Backwater Country is also home to diverse animal and bird life. By virtue of its proximity to the sea, the town has always enjoyed a unique place in the maritime history of Kerala.\nThe beach usually has a good visitor rush from all over India and most of the European countries."
"Pathiramanal is a small island inMuhamma panchayat of Alappuzha district. The name 'Pathiramanal' means 'Sands of night'. The scenic beauty of both sides of the lake as well as that of the island is mind blowing. It is home to many rare varieties of migratory birds from different parts of the world."
"Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple (Malayalam: ?????????? ????????? ????????) is a Hindu temple in Ambalappuzha, Alapuzha district of Kerala, in south India.\nThe Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple is believed to have been built in the year AD 790 by the local ruler Chembakasserry Pooradam Thirunal-Devanarayanan Thampuran.\nThe idol at Ambalapuzha is likened to Parthasarthi with a whip in the right hand and a Shankhu (sacred conch) in the left. This temple is directly associated to the Guruvayoor Sree Krishna Temple. During the raids of Tipu Sultan in 1789, the idol of Sri Krishna from the Guruvayoor Temple was brought to the Ambalappuzha Temple for safe keeping.\nThe payasam served in the Ambalappuzha Temple is famous among Hindu devotees. This sweet pudding made of rice and milk has an interesting mythological legend behind it.It is believed that Guruvayoorappan reaches here daily at the time of Palpayasa Nedyam to have it"
"The Anglican Church of St Andrew in Congresbury, Somerset, England dates from the 13th century and has been designated as a Grade I listed building.\nCongresbury is named after St Congar, who is said to have performed three miracles in the area. The second part of the name is thought to come from burh meaning fortified place. The archaeologist Mick Aston identified an Anglo-Saxon sculpture of St Congar which is believed to have come from St Andrews Church, and which is now in the Museum of Somerset in Taunton.\nThe present church was consecrated by Bishop Jocelin of Wells on 11 July 1215.\nThe church was remodelled in the 15th century, in a Perpendicular style; further restorations followed in 1825, 1856 and 1950-2. The nave includes pillars with decorated stone corbels supporting the wooden roof timbers and carved bosses. The organ, which was rebuilt in 1967 is in the chancel. The Merle chapel was formerly known as the Chapel of St Congar. The font is Norman. The tower is surmounted by a spire which rises to 120 feet (37 m).\nThe Tower contains a heavy ring of 8 Bells, the Tenor (the biggest bell) weighing 3812lb or 1729kg and it strikes the note of C. The oldest bells date back to 1606 and were cast by George Purdue.\nThe parish is part of the benefice of Congresbury with Puxton and Hewish St Ann within the deanery of Locking."
St Andrews Church
"The Nehru Trophy Boat Race is a popular Vallam Kali held in the Punnamada Lake near Alappuzha, Kerala, India. Vallam Kali or Vallamkali literally means boat play/game, but can be translated to boat race in English. The most popular event of the race is the competition of Chundan Vallams (snake boats). Hence the race is also known as Snake Boat Race in English. Other types boats which participate in various events of the race are Churulan Vallam, Iruttukuthy Vallam, Odi Vallam, Veppu Vallam (Vaipu Vallam), Vadakkanody Vallam and Kochu Vallam.\nThe race conducted on the second Saturday of August every year is a major tourist attraction."
Nehru Trophy Snake Boat Race