"Panna National Park is a national park located in Panna and Chhatarpur districts of Madhya Pradesh in India. It has an area of 542.67 km2 (209.53 sq mi). It was declared in 1994 as the twenty second Tiger reserve of India and the fifth in Madhya Pradesh, Panna was given the Award of Excellence in 2007 as the best maintained national park of India by the Ministry of Tourism of India. It is notable that by 2009, the entire tiger population had been eliminated by poaching with the collusion of forest department officials."
Panna National Park
"The eastern group of monuments, situated in close proximity to the Khajuraho village, includes three more Brahmanical temples known as the Brahma, Vamana and Javari, and three Jaina temples, the Ghantai, Adinatha and Parsvanatha. The Brahmanical temples are located along or near the Khajuraho sagar, while the Jaina temples are situated farther south and are conveniently approached by a metalled road."
Eastern Group of Temples
"The Southern group of temples in Khajuraho is located slightly away from the other groups of temples. Southern group of temples consists of Duladeo temple, Chaturbhuj temple and Beejamandal temple. Chaturbhuj temple is the only temple in Khajuraho devoid of any erotic carvings. Duladeo temple is the most popular temple in the southern group of temples in Khajuraho."
Southern Group of Temples
"This museum houses more than hundred Jain sculptures and was inaugurated in the year 1987. Located with in the Jain Temple Complex, this circular building is also known as Sahu Shantiprasad Jain Kala Sangrahalaya. \nJain Museum holds a modern circular gallery filled with statues of 24 tirthankars, along with sculptures of yakshis and other figures of Jains, which makes ones visit to the museum a worthy one. At the entrance of the museum there is two ornamented 'Makara Toranas' arranged on both sides of the steps definitely will win ones hearts. \nJain Museum is open daily 8 am - 5 pm, except on Sundays."
"Ajaigarh was the capital of a princely state of the same name during the British Raj. Ajaigarh was founded in 1765 by Guman Singh, a bundela Rajput who was the nephew of Raja Pahar Singh of Jaitpur. After Ajaigarh was captured by the British in 1809, it became a princely state in the Bundelkhand Agency of the Central India Agency. It had an area of 771 sq miles (1997 sq kms), and a population of 78,236 in 1901. The rulers bore the title of sawai maharaja. He commanded an estimated annual revenue of about 15,000/- Pounds, and paid a tribute of 460/- Pounds. The chief resided at the town of Nowgong[disambiguation needed], at the foot of the hill-fortress of Ajaigarh, from which the state took its name. This fort, situated on a steep hill, towers more than 800 ft (244 m) above the eponymous township, and contains the ruins of several temples adorned with elaborately carved sculptures. The town was often afflicted by malaria, and suffered severely from famine in 1868-1869 and 1896-1897.\nThe state acceded to the Government of India on January 1, 1950; the ruling chief was granted a privy purse of Rs. 74,700/-, and the courtesy use of his styles and titles. All of these were revoked by the government of India in 1971, at the time when these privileges were revoked from all erstwhile princes. The former princely state became part of the new Indian state of Vindhya Pradesh, and most of the territory of the former state, including the town of Ajaigarh, became part of Panna District, with a smaller portion going to Chhatarpur District. Vindhya Pradesh was merged into Madhya Pradesh on November 1, 1956."
State Museum of Tribal and Folk Art
"Government Museum (Bangalore) established in 1865 by the Mysore State with the guidance of Surgeon Edward Balfour who founded the museum in Madras and supported by the Chief Commissioner of Mysore, L.B. Bowring is one of the oldest museums in India and the second oldest museum in South India. It is now an Archaeological Museum and has a rare collection of archaeological and geological artifacts including old jewellery, sculpture, coins and inscriptions. The museum is also home to the Halmidi inscription, the earliest Kannada inscription ever found (450 AD)."