"The Pillar rocks are three granite boulders which are seen standing vertically shoulder to shoulder and it is now a very famous tourist spot for many visitors. These rocks are measuring a height of about 400 feet from the ground and the chambers that are seen between the two pillars are known as Devil's Kitchen. \n\nThe Pillar Rocks have gained popularity as the years have passed by and during the peak season there is a huge rush of visitors to this place. The shady woods that are in the vicinity of these huge boulders are a perfect spot to enjoy a picnic."
"Flora and Fauna Museum also known as Shenbaganur Museum was formed in 1895. It is a famous tourist destination and is quite educational. Here you can find a variety of specimens of flora and fauna with preserved fossils. There is also an Orchidarium with approximately 300 species of exotic orchid. The museum is looked after by Sacred Heart College."
Flora & Fauna Museum
"The Kodaikanal Solar Observatory is a solar observatory owned and operated by Indian Institute of Astrophysics. It is located on the southern tip of the Palni Hills 4 km from Kodaikanal town, Dindigul district, Tamilnadu state, South India.\nThe Evershed effect was first detected at this observatory in January 1909. Solar data collected by the lab is the oldest continuous series of its kind in India. Precise observations of the equatorial electrojet are made here due to the unique geographic location of Kodaikanal.\nIonospheric soundings, geomagnetic, F region vertical drift and surface observations are made here regularly and summaries of the data obtained are sent to national IMD and global WMO GAW data centers.\nThey have a full-time staff of two scientists and nineteen technicians."
Kodaikanal Solar Observatory
"Located very close to Kodaikanal Lake, the Shembaganur Museum of Natural History is a theological museum created in the year 1895 and is maintained by Sacred Heart College. The museum is famous for its wide collection of numerous specimens of butterflies, moths, snakes and mammals. A haven for anthropologists, the museum is also fames for its orchards which houses more than 300 species of tress and flowers."
Shembaganur Museum of Natural History
"nterested in astronomy why not visit our retail shop in Lingfield on the Kent and Surrey border's.\nCome and talk to the experts in a warm and friendly environment, about how to get started or just come and look at the large selection of Telescopes, Binoculars and Accessories we have on show from all the major brands.\nEvery week we have lot's of in store offers and second hand items available. Visit our web site at www.telescopehouse.com and look at the vast range of equipment available using our active online stock file.\nTelescope House is mainly known as the importer and service agent for Meade Instruments USA but we supply and service all the major brands of telescopes in our service department so why not give us a call. If your system need a bit of love and attention or just a basic service we can do it.\nFrom basic starter telescopes to full astrophotography setup's we can offer you some fantastic deals!\nOur customers include Sir Patrick Moore who after seventy years of custom with our company recently provided us with the following kind endorsement, \"I can continue to recommend Telescope House as the premier UK supplier of Telescopes\" Patrick purchased his first telescope from us for the grand sum of 7.10 pound shillings, I think we could say it was money well spent.\nEstablished since 1785 we know a bit about telescopes and astronomy."
"The Bear Shola falls is another favorite tourist spot in Kodaikanal and it is called so, because in earlier days bears used to come and drink water from this fall. It is one of the most ideal picnic spots in Kodaikanal town and is at a distance of about 2km from the lake and about 1.5km from the bus stand. \nIt is ideal to visit the Bear Shola Falls during rainy season to enjoy the beauty of the falls in its fullness. The approach road to this falls is a rugged hill path and hence suitable means of transportation is necessary to reach the falls."
Bear Shola Falls
"Berijam Lake is a reservoir near Kodaikanal town in Dindigul district of Tamil Nadu, South India. It is at the old site of \"Fort Hamilton\", in the upper Palani hills.  The lake, created by a dam with sluice outlets, is part of a micro-watershed development project. Periyakulam town, 18.7 kilometres (11.6 mi) to the SE, gets its public drinking water from the lake. The lake's water quality is excellent. "
"Bryant Park is a 9.603 acre (39,000 sq mts) privately managed public park located in the New York City borough of Manhattan. It is located between Fifth and Sixth Avenues and between 40th and 42nd Streets in Midtown Manhattan. Although technically the main building of the New York Public Library is located within the park, effectively it forms the park's functional eastern boundary, making Sixth Avenue the park's primary entrance. Although part of the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, Bryant Park is managed by a private not-for-profit corporation, the Bryant Park Corporation (see below). The park is cited as a model for the success of public-private partnerships.\nBryant Park is built entirely over an underground structure which houses the New York Public Library's archives. In the 1980s, the park was closed to the public and excavated. The new library facilities were built below ground level and the park was restored above it."
"Any tourist interested in morning walk will definitely have to visit Coaker's walk which is about 1 km from the lake and it provides very picturesque view of the plains as well as scenic valleys that is sure to bring a joy in the minds of the visitors. Coaker's walk is named after Lt. Coaker, who prepared the map of Kodaikanal. \nA telescopic view house is there at Coaker's walk that will provide a panoramic view of the valley, plains and the nearby towns and should not be missed by the tourists visiting the place. The ideal time to visit this place is before 2:30 pm in the afternoon as mist will start to set in over the valleys by late afternoons."
"Kodaikanal is a city in the hills of the taluk division of the Dindigul district in the state of Tamil Nadu, India. Its name in the Tamil language means \"The Gift of the Forest\". Kodaikanal is referred to as the \"Princess of Hill stations\" and has a long history as a retreat and popular tourist destination.\nKodaikanal was established in 1845 as a refuge from the high temperatures and tropical diseases of the plains. Much of the local economy is based on the hospitality industry serving tourism."
Green Valley View (Suicide Point)
"Kodaikanal Lake, also known as Kodai Lake is a manmade lake located in the Kodaikanal city in Dindigul district in Tamil Nadu, India. Sir Vere Henry Levinge, the then Collector of Madurai, was instrumental in creating the lake in 1863, amidst the Kodaikanal town which was developed by the British and early missionaries from USA. The lake is said to be Kodaikanal's most popular geographic landmark and tourist attraction.\nOver the years a boat club, boathouse and boat service (with rowing boats and pedalling boats and a public ferry) for the public and tourists has become fully functional and is of aesthetic significance for tourism. Boat Pageant and Flower Shows are a regular feature in the summer season which attracts tourists."
"Save Silent Valley was a social movement aimed at the protection of Silent valley, an evergreen tropical forest in the Palakkad district of Kerala, India. It was started in 1973 to save the Silent Valley Reserve Forest from being flooded by a hydroelectric project. The valley was declared as Silent Valley National Park in 1985. Nonetheless the controversy surrounding the valley is still on..."
Silent Valley View
"This is the first attraction that unfolds in front of a tourist on the Madurai - Kodaikanal road. The excess water in the Kodai Lake comes down as a fall at about 8 kms from Kodaikanal. It is like a pit stop for vehicles and tourists as there are shops selling fruits and other forest products. \nSilver Cascade falls is 180 feet high and the frothy water coming down through piles of rocks will attract any person. The crystal clear water contains various minerals and taking a bath in this fall is very refreshing. Any nature lover can sit and enjoy the beauty of this falls for hours."
Silver Cascade Falls
"Bison Wells can is an area that is best known for its tremendous amount of wildlife, as well as for its beautiful vegetation. Wildlife commonly seen in the area include bison, birds, elephants, tigers, monkeys, and deer. Bison Wells got its name from the many bison that come to the natural wells to drink. \nThis location is known as a great home base in India for those people that are interested in exploring the region. Naturalists, hikers, trekkers, and birdwatchers are all drawn to The Palani Hills, and Bison Wells is a fabulous place for such tourists to stay while they are in the area."
Bison Wells, Palani Hills
"Kurinji Andavar Temple is dedicated to Lord Muruga who is considered to be the God of the Hills as per Tamil literature. In Tamil, Kurinji means \"hilly region?? and the word Andavar refers to 'God'?. \nThis temple is located at about 5 km from the bus station and the summer festival that is most anticipated event by the locals is celebrated in the month of May every year. Thousands of devotees visit this temple during the summer festival to seek the blessings of Lord Muruga. \nOne can get a good view of Vaigai dam and Palani hills from the hill on which the temple is located."
"The Subrahmanya Temple at Saluvankuppam, Tamil Nadu, is a shrine dedicated to the Hindu deity Murugan. Archaeologists believe that the shrine, unearthed in 2005, consists of two layers: a brick temple constructed during the Sangam period (the 3rd century BC to the 3rd century AD) and a granite Pallava temple dating from the 8th century AD and constructed on top of the brick shrine. The Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) team which conducted the excavation believe that brick temple could be the oldest of its kind to be discovered in Tamil Nadu. However, noted Indian archaeologist R. Nagaswamy is critical of this claim owing to lack of references to the shrine in the popular literature of the period.\nThe temple was discovered by a team of archaeologists from the ASI based on clues found in a rock inscription left exposed by the 2004 Indian Ocean tsunami. Initially, excavations revealed an 8th-century Pallava-era shrine. Further excavations revealed that the 8th-century shrine had been built on the brick foundation of an earlier shrine. The brick shrine has been dated to the Sangam period.\nThe temple faces north, unlike most Hindu temples. Artefacts from two phases, the Sangam phase as well as the Pallava phase, have been found. The temple is Tamil Nadu's oldest shrine to Murugan. It is also believed to be one of only two pre-Pallava temples to be discovered in the state, the other being the Veetrirundha Perumal Temple at Veppathur."
Subrahmanya Temple (Kartikeya Temple)
"Our Lady of La Salette (French: Notre-Dame de La Salette) is a Marian apparition said to have occurred at La Salette, France. It was reported by two children, Maximin Giraud and Melanie Calvat..On September 19 1846, Maximin Giraud and Melanie Calvat reported seeing the Virgin Mary on Mount Sous-Les Baisses, weeping bitterly. According to their account, she continued to weep even as she spoke to them--first in French, then in their own dialect of Occitan. After speaking, the apparition vanished. The following day the children's account of the apparition was put into writing and signed by the visionaries and those who had heard the story.\nAccording to the children's account, the Virgin invited people to respect the repose of Sunday, and the name of God. She threatened punishment, in particular a scarcity of potatoes, which would rot. The context of these punishments places the warning just prior to the winter of 1846-1847, which was in Europe, and especially in Ireland and in France, a period of famine, in the months which followed the apparition. This was one of the factors of the apparition's popular appeal.\nAfter 5 years of research, the bishop of Grenoble, Philibert de Bruillard recognizes the authenticity of the apparition and Pope Pius IX approves the devotion to Our Lady of La Salette."